Registered Nurse PRN Pool $70/Hour
Grace Parma – Parma, OH/Specialty Hospital of Lorain-Amherst, OH
Active Ohio Registered Nurse License
$70.00 – $70.00 Hourly
Grace Hospital/Specialty Hospital of Lorain (Amherst) Acute Long-Term Care Hospital Joint PRN POOL $70 per hour
An exciting opportunity in a professional hospital setting assisting patients transition to inpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and home care. Grace Hospital is a not-for-profit registered Acute Long-Term Care Hospital, the first of its kind to be established in Cuyahoga County. We are Medicare and Medicaid certified and fully accredited by the Joint Commission. Grace Hospital utilizes an interdisciplinary care team model to produce optimal clinical outcomes. We seek care-givers who are compassionate, competent, and results-oriented to join our team.
Joint Pool Program
Employees must be available for coverage at Grace Parma (12 hour shifts) OR Specialty Hospital of Lorain (8 hour shifts) Employees must provide 2 days of availability per week and will be used to cover call offs and coverage issues. Pay rate is $70.00 per hour.
Job Summary: Responsible for coordinating and providing high-quality patient care, supervising non-professional team members, and participating in an interdisciplinary team effort of care planning, evaluation, coordination, and discharge planning. Maintains competency in providing nursing care to patients from young adults to geriatric age.
Education: Graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years in an acute hospital preferred. Strong technical and interpersonal skills. On a limited basis, new graduates will be considered for training.
License: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio and Certified in Basic Life Support. ACLS preferred but must obtain within 6 months of hire.
COVID-19 Vaccinated per CMS Mandate.
- Exhibits ethical behavior in the performance of job duties.
- Adheres to all aspects of Grace Hospital and Specialty Hospital of Lorain Compliance Program.
- Respects the rights of patients, including privacy and confidentiality.
- Follows Hospital infection control protocol and reporting guidelines.
- Complies with safety and emergency response protocols.
- Maintains competence and licensure/certification on a continuous basis.
- Completes all education required by the Hospital.
- Acquires, stores, and processes information according to the requirements of position.
- Respects the rights of patients to be informed of and to make decisions regarding their care.
- Adheres to Hospital protocols in the assessment and reassessment of patients.
- Supports special needs, including victims of abuse, substance abuse, and behavioral disorders.
- Participates in the development of patient care plans.
- Performs patient care as detailed in individual care plans.
- Provides age-appropriate patient education and training.
- Participates in pain assessment and management processes.
- Monitors restraint utilization and promotes alternatives to use of restraints where feasible.
- Adheres to protocols for the administration and monitoring of sedation.
- Follows protocols for the appropriate discharge of patients.
- Complies with protocols in the performance of waived testing.
- Adheres to protocols for storage, ordering, transcription, preparation, dispensation, administration, and monitoring of medications.